40 Interesting and Fun Illustration Essay Topic Ideas
- You should have thorough knowledge of the topic that you are writing about, based on extensive research.
- Do not just make up illustrations for the sake of it. Start with instances that exemplify the topic.
For instance, a scientific phenomenon can be aptly explained using day-to-day examples related to it. An argumentative topic can be justified better with illustrations pertaining to it. Giving an example always leads to better understanding of the point to be made. Following is a list of some interesting topic ideas for writing an illustrative essay.
- Illustrate the steps to choose a college to attend.
- Choosing the right quotes for the department's jersey.
- How to make a study schedule for weekends?
- How to choose a major in your sophomore year?
- What can you wear to class this winter?
- The menace of bullying in school and college
- The impact of Facebook of relationships.
- The government should offer free college and university education for all students.
- Students should always question what they are taught.
- Students should spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.
- Should you pick courses of interest or ones that fetch good jobs?
- Should stem cell research be stopped?
- Should animals be used in laboratory testing?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How to take care of your pet?
- How to plan your diet?
- Has electronic media led to the downfall of print media?
- How is the public transport system in your city?
- Should cigarette smoking be banned?
- Is it infatuation or love?
- Should gay couples be allowed to marry?
- Hobbies that can help you make money.
- Clothes for different body types
- Places to visit in the U.S.
- A is A (Law of identity)
- Famous dictators in history
- Ill-effects of social networking
- Types of Italian wines
- Jobs you can take up during spring break
- Where there is a will, there is a way
- Best way to teach
- How to avoid being 'friendzoned'
- How to plan a 75th birthday party
- Steps to format your iPod
- The protagonist of your favorite book
- Rudeness is on the rise
- Friends cannot always be trusted
- Musicians and their songs dealing with social and political issues
- Good art can be ugly
- Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong
- Your best job experience
● "Money is the barometer of a society's virtue" ― Atlas Shrugged.
Do you agree with this statement? Would you adhere to the philosophical system of Objectivism?
● "Adding a capacitor bank improves the power factor of an installation". Elaborate.
● State reasons for the current drop in oil prices.
● "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors". Give your views on this statement.
● (A scene from the movie "I'm Not There")
● Q: I would like to know what is at the center of your world.
A: Hmm, well, I'm 22. I guess I would say me.
Does the answer strike a chord with you? Do you believe you should be your first priority at this age?
Write your response to the following statements
● Heroes and idols reveal a society's highest ideals.
● In any field―business,politics,education―those in power should step down after 5 years.
● Lateral thinking is more important than mere knowledge in any field.
● We define ourselves by the social groups we identify with.
● The human mind will always be superior to machines.
- Your examples should be relevant.
- Follow an inverted pyramid structure while writing; which means, explain the thesis sentence early on.
- Do not beat around the bush. Come to the point with every example.
- Do not give too many examples, or stress on just one particular example.
- Pick a unique topic which would grab the reader's attention.
- Include images wherever possible.
- Your writing should be succinct yet pithy and should keep the reader hooked till the end
Thus, by choosing the right topic, you can make your illustration essay informative and fun to read. Hope this write-up helps in making it so.
The Top 10 Most Interesting Illustration Essay Topics You Should Cover
An illustration essay uses examples to prove a point. There are two main approaches for this type of paper. You can use one example and discuss three reasons why this one example proves your point or you can use multiple examples. If you use multiple examples, you should shoot for three so that you can make a standard five paragraph essay format with an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. If you choose a single example, you should choose three aspects of that example to discuss.
Choosing a topic for this type of essay is important. You don’t want to just choose the first thing that you think about. Here are the most interesting illustration essay topics you should cover.
- 1. Most exciting after hours places to hang out
- 2. Best restaurants in town
- 3. Things you learned in college
- 4. Best weight loss secrets
- 5. How to treat your kids to an awesome weekend for cheap
- 6. Fun things to do at a party without liquor
- 7. How to deal with a sloppy roommate
- 8. Best ways to flunk a class
- 9. How to buy your first home
- 10. How to find a great day care center
Once you have chosen your topic, the next step is to start compiling the information that you want to talk about. It may be helpful to read through a few examples to help you get an idea of what is expected of you. It is a great way to make sure that you know how to format your paper correctly. It may be a great idea to create an outline that puts all of your ideas in an order that makes sense. You want your paper to flow nicely so there may be certain things that you want to talk about along with other things.
Make sure to read through your rough draft to fix any errors that you may have made. You may have made errors in punctuation, grammar, and spelling. If that is the case, you will need to make sure that you fix them so that you don’t get points off. You can have someone else read through your paper too. It is a great way to make sure that you catch all of the mistakes. Sometimes it is just easier for someone else to see the mistakes and determine if things don’t make sense.