Battlefield 4: Second Assault
- Xbox One: November 22, 2013
- PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC Premium: February 18, 2014
- PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PC: March 4, 2014
— Battlefield 4 Premium: Release calender
Battlefield 4: Second Assault is the second expansion pack for Battlefield 4, featuring four redesigned variants of popular multiplayer maps from Battlefield 3.
Achievements and Trophies
- Main article: Battlefield 4 Achievements and Trophies
Add a photo to this gallery
- It was revealed on June 10, 2013 at the Microsoft E3 Media Briefing and was first seen on November 1, 2013 during a promotional event in London that pitted American and European players against one another.
- Unlike other maps of Battlefield 4, these maps take place in 2014 during the events of Battlefield 3 (see War of 2014), just like their past variants.
- All the maps included in Second Assault have been updated to allow for more destruction and Levolution events.
- The expansion's release date for Premium members on all other platforms was accidentally posted on Origin through an error of the website. Administrators quickly removed it.
- Unlike the maps of the base game and other expansions of Battlefield 4, the letters for the maps of Second Assault in the server browser are not in all capital letters.
- The trailer and changed map atmospheres suggest that there have been many battles fought already and assaults made.
- DICE's Los Angeles-based branch was responsible for leading development in Second Assault.
- Second Assault's code is XP0, meaning that it should be featured before China Rising (XP1)
Here's how you can earn the new guns and other rewards for Battlefield 4's Second Assault DLC.
It's expected by now that every multiplayer expansion from DICE for its Battlefield franchise will bring with it a host of new Assignments and Rewards, and Battlefield 4 is no different. Shown below are the guns, camos and dog tags you can unlock and what criteria needs to be met for Battlefield 4's "Second Assault" expansion. Most notable of the lot are the new guns which include the F2000, AS VAL, DAO-12 and M60-E4.
Just in case some of the map names sound familiar in the DLC, it's because Second Assault, which is BF4's second expansion, consists of four fan-favorite Battlefield 3 maps that are re-imagined using Frostbite 3, with added Levolution elements in each one.
Unfortunately, with EA's announcement that all BF4 future DLC projects are on hold until the game's technical issues are ironed out, that leaves us with no solid release date for Second Assault -- except for Xbox One owners who've been playing the expansion since the shooter's launch, due to EA and Microsoft's timed exclusivity agreement for this particular DLC.
We'll keep you updated once EA or DICE announces the release date. In the meantime, are you excited to grind your way in Operation Metro once again?